I have been experienced with a lot of grain free baking lately and quite enjoying the results. So I thought I would share some recipes with you. Here is the first one that I tried.
Pumpkin Pie CookesAuthor: Detoxinista.comPrep time: 10 minsCook time: 15 minsTotal time: 25 minsServes: 24Egg- and grain-free these cookies are lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup, and loaded with nutrient-rich pumpkin. The result is a soft cookie with a pumpkin-pie-like center!Ingredients
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- optional: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chipsDirections
- Preheat your oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a Silpat.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix until a thick batter is formed. If adding the dark chocolate chips, fold them in last.
- Note: Because this batter is egg-free, feel free to taste-test it at this point, and adjust the flavors to your preference.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop the batter onto the line baking sheet, and gently press each mound with a wet fork (to prevent sticking) to flatten.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden.
- Allow to cool completely before using a spatula to remove from the baking sheet. Serve immediately, or for a firmer cookie, chill before serving.Notes
For longer shelf life, and a firmer cookie, we prefer to store these in the freezer and serve them frozen!